EASY CHEESY LOADED CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE RECIPE
This kitschy-charged cauliflower run-up recipe takes just 10 minutes to prepare. All aromas of a loaded baked potato, without the carbohydrates. Simple & tasty!
Course Main Course
Calories 231 kcal
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
Author Maya Krampf from WholesomeYum.com
Portions of portions (each 1/2 cup)
• 1 large head cauliflower (cut into small flowers)
• 2 tbsp butter (melted)
• Sea salt
• Black pepper
• 2/3 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup heavy cream
• 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
• 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded, divided)
• 6 tbsp bacon bits (cooked, split)
• 1/4 cup green onions (chopped, split)
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you are cooking.
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower flowers with butter. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
3. Place the cauliflower in a small 1.5-quart (1.4 L) tray in a single layer. (Line the pan, unless it is glass or stoneware. If there is too much cauliflower to fit in a single layer, fry on a larger baking tray instead.) Fry in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until crispy-tender.
4. Meanwhile, in the same bowl, stir together the sour cream and heavy cream until smooth. Stir in the chopped garlic, half the cheddar cheese, half the pieces of bacon and half the green onions. On request, season sauce with sea salt and black pepper. (Do not oversalt - it gets saltier when the cheese melts later.)
5. When the cauliflower is roasted, remove it and leave the oven on. Put the cauliflower in the bowl and mix with the sauce.
6. Return the cauliflower mixture to the cask tin. Top with remaining cheese and bacon bits.
Bake for 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts. Top with remaining green onions.
this article is adapted from this